Fast Track to Play with Scala
Date: Jul 2, 2014 - Jul 3, 2014
Venue: Ottawa / Virtual
This two-day course introduces experienced web-developers to the design-patterns and methodology essential to building reactive, scalable web applications with Play Framework and Scala. An introduction to Slick, a type-safe and modern database query and access library for Scala is also part of agenda. In this course, successive exercises build upon prior lessons learned to produce a fully functional application by the conclusion of the course.
What are the prerequisites?
What is the format?
- Managing Assets
- HTTP Programming
- Asynchronous programming in Play
- Interacting with Web Services
- Working with JSON
After having participated in this course you should
- Know how to build fully fledged web applications using Play
- Know best practices for developing web applications using Play
- Be confident to start using Scala and Play applications in production
The Instructor: Alejandro Lujan